Aanii Kina Wiya,
On July 31st and August 1st, 2019 Wiikwemkoong Development Commmision o/a Enaadmaagehjik hosted the 17th Zhiimaachtaan Economic Awareness Days (ZEAD) at the Wiikwemkoong Recreational and Cultural Centre.
ZEAD is Wiikwemkoong’s only economic conference providing community members, at no charge, with a unique opportunity to meet and learn from inspiring and successful industry professionals and local entrepreneurs.
This year’s ZEAD conference had close to twenty different speakers and presenter allowing participants to:
- hear the entrepreneur perspective through firsthand accounts of the entrepreneurial journey;
- learn directly from well-known entrepreneurs through a number of presentations including “how-to” presentations of interest to local budding entrepreneurs and artisans looking to market their work; and
- share best practices and network with other entrepreneurs and artisans.
This year we focused on green and sustainable practices with presentations from well-known leaders in the green movement as well as partners working with our Energy Planning department.
WDC departments and programs also provided updates and information on proposed economic development projects.
The conference agenda was arranged in a manner which allowed participants to both explore issues pertinent to their own area of interest and to have the opportunity to engage with other professionals outside of their usual area of work interest.
We are pleased to provide you with the presentations from both days of the conference.
If you have any questions, or would like further information, please contact our office directly at (705) 859-3001 during regular business hours (M-F 8am – 4pm).
Chi miigwech for your interest and we look forward to seeing you at our next Zhiimaachtaan Economic Awareness Days!
2019 ZEAD Presentations
- Your Dollar Store with More – Wiikwemkoong
- Wikwemikong Tourism
- Wikwemikong Development Commission
- Twists & Turns – Angela G. Wemigwans
- SCF Project
- Rainbow Ridge Golf Course
- PG Eco Resort and Campground Business Plan
- My Entrepreneurial Journey – Hiawatha Osawamick
- Freshwater Cuisine – Jay Barnard
- Following the Vision – Business Development Specialist Advisor
- Energy Planning Office
- Ecology is Economy – Isaac Murdoch
- ASETA – Wii Ni N’Guch Tood Labour Market Services
- Advancing Indigenous Tourism – ITO